Moderator Instruction – Oral Sessions
IPVC 2021 ORAL SESSION MODERATOR INSTRUCTION
Oral sessions will have a pre-recorded lectures live-streamed for the audience followed by a live Q&A. Once live, moderators will lead the introductions, discussion, and address questions from the audience.
ROLE OF MODERATOR
Moderators will set the scene in the session by a short introduction when live and will invite comments and questions from the audience via the Q&A feature as well as provoking a stimulating discussion. The aim is to educate through engagement of audience participation and conversation that brings out the highlights of the lectures and/or topic.
BEFORE GOING LIVE
• Participants will be able to submit written questions to the speakers via the Q&A feature (on the right side of the screen for the audience) from the beginning of the session while they view the lectures. The incoming questions from the audience will appear in the Q&A feature link called “Slido”.
o The technician will share this link with the session moderators.
o The link may be opened in a browser (easier if you have 2 screens) or on your phone/tablet.
• Technician will cue that you are going live. All speakers and moderators should have their cameras on and the moderator(s) should be unmuted.
LIVE FOR Q&A
• Moderators will choose questions and address these aloud to the appropriate speaker(s). If no questions are asked, the moderators should encourage participants to submit their questions and be prepared to use their own questions to facilitate discussion.
• Please be sure to end the session on time.
• Before leaving please remind the audience they can continue the discussion in the Networking hub.